Every entrepreneur in direct sales and network marketing should be aware of self-branding. Self-branding is marketing yourself. It’s important to market everything associated with your business, and that includes you. Many people will buy from you because of who you are and not just because what you’re offering.
It’s a well-known fact that people buy from those they know, like, and trust. Even if a prospect is excited about what your product can do for him, much of his decision is about you. So let’s see how you can get your beautiful face out front and center.
- Create your image. It’s not just about putting your name and face on everything you do. You need to decide on what image you want to present. It should truly be you, but it should focus on integrity and your strengths. How do you want potential customer’s to view you?
- Your image should be represented by everything you say and do in your marketing materials. That includes every email you send out, your company letterhead, and every conversation you have. Keep that image constant.
- Give this some serious thought. Consider the type of person with whom you would want to do business. That’s the type of person you want to be. That’s the image you want others to have of you.
- Get yourself noticed. Whenever you’re marketing your product, include yourself in the marketing. The two are forever entwined.
- Send out regular updates to all your customers and leads. Tell them what you’re doing and what’s going on. If they like you, they’re more likely to purchase from you. Give them a reason to like you.
- Write relevant articles and post them online. Then send links to those articles to the same folks above.
- Attend industry events whenever you can. Shake some hands. Give a talk. Pass out flyers. Make some friends. Do everything you can without being a pest.
- Become an expert on something. For example, become known as the expert on building an email list or on building a great downline. It’s easier to become an expert on one thing than on ten. The funny thing is, once you’re considered to be an expert on one aspect of MLM, you’re assumed to be an expert on everything related to MLM.
- Being considered an expert carries a lot of power. There is no better way to boost your self-brand among your fellow marketers.
- Another plus is that marketers like to buy information. Sell them products based on your expertise that can help them build their business. You might even make a better living doing this than you do on your own MLM business.
- Be part of your community. Join your local chamber of commerce. Find something worthwhile to be part of and contribute your time. Not only are you being a good person, but you’re also getting your brand out there in a very positive way. This makes for great material to put on your web page or your email updates.
If you can’t sell yourself, it’s very difficult to sell your products. So work on your self-branding and make it part of your life. Consider every interaction that you have to be an opportunity to present yourself in a way that is consistent with the image you want to project.
Get out in your community and spread the good word (tactfully) about how great you and your business really are. It’s not just about marketing your products; it’s about marketing yourself, too. Give your image a lot of thought; it really is critical to your success.
When your self-brand improves, so do your sales, and your business grows as a result!