No More Excuses – Motivate Yourself Today
You may already know that motivation is one of the keys that determine success or failure. However, just knowing doesn’t make it any easier to gain motivation. If you feel that you’re having trouble properly motivating yourself, it’s time for you to act. Not tomorrow, but today.
Finding your motivation is something personal. The best way to find motivation is to explore your options and discover something that works for you.
Consider the following ways to motivate yourself today:
- Avoid just going through the motions. One reason you may find it difficult to perform everyday tasks is that you get bored. Of course you’re going to try to avoid something that you find tedious! You can combat this mentality by adding some depth to your thinking while you’re engaging in tasks you dislike.
- Brainstorm ways that you can complete the task in a more efficient manner. Then you can compete with yourself to see how quickly you can complete the task in the future. The quicker you get it done, the sooner you can move on to bigger and better things!
- Get spiritual. Don’t be afraid to get in touch with your spiritual side. Many people find it highly motivating! When you discover some answers to life’s tough questions, it brings you clarity, and you may be more likely to work harder to achieve your desires.
- Set a goal. You might lack motivation because you don’t have a goal. If you aren’t even sure what you’re working towards, you’ll have difficulty finding motivation.
- If you have a large goal, break up the goal into a series of small, achievable tasks and set each task as a separate goal. This helps you maintain motivation because you’re constantly achieving your goals. You can see the results of your hard work!
- Hold yourself accountable. In order to ensure that you don’t stray from your chosen path, evaluate your progress every week or even every day. Determine how you can do better the next week.
- If you find that it’s difficult to keep yourself accountable, don’t be afraid to ask for help. You may enjoy having others check up on you to make sure you stay on task.
- Think positive thoughts. Negative thinking and lack of motivation go hand in hand. You can increase your motivation by concentrating on eliminating your negative thinking patterns. Replace negative feelings with optimism and positive thoughts and images.
- When you catch yourself feeling down, make an extra effort to seek the silver lining. It’s always there. If you take the time to look hard enough, you’ll find it.
- Make a change. If you think you’ve tried everything and you still can’t get motivated, perhaps you should consider a life change. Maybe there’s a reason why you’re feeling this way.
- If you don’t feel motivated to work toward your major life goals, consider some alternatives that may be more in line with your true desires.
- If you’re having trouble finding motivation for everyday chores, see if you can find a way to hire some help.
Always keep in mind that “the time is now.” Put procrastination into your past and you’ll feel happy and accomplished at the end of the day, instead of stressed out or regretful.
When you’re motivated, life is more fulfilling. Use these strategies to wake up your motivation and enjoy the difference!